July AMA: Music
Jul. 25th, 2026 11:49 pmAsked by
merricatb: What song/album can you listen to over and over?
I mean, pretty much anything and everything that I like, to be honest. I'm someone who will listen to a song or album nonstop before I move onto the next one and repeat the process. I'm the same way with any kind of media.
For a specific example, I'm going to say score soundtracks. I think soundtracks for any medium is underrated because they often feature some of the best elements of complementing the story with the music, elevating the scenes and moments. By listening to a soundtrack all the way through, beginning to end, you are reliving the story in a different way and it's such an amazing experience. Bear McCreary, for instance, has composed for a wide variety of things, but the one I've listened to the most is his work on Battlestar Galactica. Each season he outdid himself. Even if a single track comes on at random, I have to replay it again and again, and then I just get the urge to listen to the rest of the soundtracks anyway. It never fails, every single time, and I'm not complaining at all.
I mean, pretty much anything and everything that I like, to be honest. I'm someone who will listen to a song or album nonstop before I move onto the next one and repeat the process. I'm the same way with any kind of media.
For a specific example, I'm going to say score soundtracks. I think soundtracks for any medium is underrated because they often feature some of the best elements of complementing the story with the music, elevating the scenes and moments. By listening to a soundtrack all the way through, beginning to end, you are reliving the story in a different way and it's such an amazing experience. Bear McCreary, for instance, has composed for a wide variety of things, but the one I've listened to the most is his work on Battlestar Galactica. Each season he outdid himself. Even if a single track comes on at random, I have to replay it again and again, and then I just get the urge to listen to the rest of the soundtracks anyway. It never fails, every single time, and I'm not complaining at all.
no subject
Date: 2026-07-26 01:47 pm (UTC)Saaaaame. Inject it straight into my veins for weeks on end and then I'll switch to something else.
no subject
Date: 2026-07-27 11:05 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-07-28 05:46 pm (UTC)I do love a good score. I think as long as I like the artist I'll listen to music over and over and over a lot.