rogueslayer452: (Buffy Summers.)
[personal profile] rogueslayer452
Asked by [personal profile] blackcatofmisery: If you could pitch your ideal series, what would it be about?

Again, this is something I'm not quite sure how to answer by not having specific details or even a fully formed idea of what my ideal series would be about. Sorry this was lackluster of a response to your question. :(

Asked by [personal profile] verdande_mi: What film/series reboot that didn't happen do you wish had gotten a proper chance?

Well, as I keep saying, I'm tired of reboots. We've been living in this age of rebooting/remaking everything underneath the sun that if there was something that I had initially wished had been rebooted, I'm glad that it wasn't because it most likely wouldn't live up to expectations or further expand upon the original and just be another disappointing cheap cash grab. Although I will say, while I was indifferent towards it, I'm bummed about the BTVS sequel reboot, New Sunnydale, if only because the circumstances of how it was axed before it even got the chance to air makes me incredibly bitter and upset on behalf of SMG and the rest of the new cast who were excited and hyped up for it. Would it have been good? Hard to say without having seen anything, but it deserved to at least have that chance.

In addition to this, I also think that the Tomb Raider 2018 movie with Alicia Vikander should have gotten its franchise, as it was based around the 2013 reboot games. It was already greenlit for a sequel and ready to go, but then the pandemic hit and whatever contract deadline that was supposed to be met was missed and so it was silently cancelled. I thought the movie was fantastic, and I was yearning for more, and we deserved more, dammit.

Date: 2026-07-08 02:57 am (UTC)
blackcatofmisery: "Suddenly, my motivation has completely vanished." (Default)
From: [personal profile] blackcatofmisery
I think it's a legitimate response. You can't really express something you don't know, because you don't know it. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

With reboots, I feel similarly, but if the powers that be insist on making them anyway, maybe pick something that's not been touched in a couple decades, at least. That allows for a new generation of potential audience. But if they choose something "too old" there's not enough nostalgic hype to get people interested?

=^..^=~

Date: 2026-07-15 03:51 pm (UTC)
elizalavelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] elizalavelle
I am tired of reboots too. I mostly have ignored them as I figure they're not really for me at all if I'm not interested.

I was interested in the new Buffy show though. It felt like the people involved cared about the legacy and I was interested in seeing what they did. I'm forever mad at Craig. One stupid person cancelling a show and sounding like he was insufferable over it is so frustrating. The show deserved a shot.

Date: 2026-07-16 03:55 pm (UTC)
elizalavelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] elizalavelle
Direct to DVD feels like a market we've lost with everything being on streaming. Maybe we need that to come back again to give a better home for some of the reboot ideas.

Craig sucks. It really sounded like he was getting off on telling these women that he'd never watched Buffy and that it wasn't good. Like sir, not everything needs to be made for exactly your tastes. Sorry you missed out on the joy that was Buffy but it's rude to make your weird feelings into everyone else's problem. Honestly there was a bit of hearing about that that made me wonder if he hit on Sarah and was butthurt that he got shut down.

Date: 2026-07-18 09:42 am (UTC)
verdande_mi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] verdande_mi
I didn't keep up to date with the news about the new Buffy shows, but I love Buffy and Angel back in the day :) Sorry you didn't get more Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander, I haven't seen the film, but I remember she was in it.

Profile

rogueslayer452: (Default)
rogueslayer452

July 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 34
56 789 1011
12 1314 151617 18
19202122 2324 25
2627 282930 31 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 4th, 2026 03:05 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios