rogueslayer452: (Bionic Woman. Sarah Corvus.)
[personal profile] rogueslayer452
Asked by [personal profile] merricatb: What're your top 5 fave horror movies?

Now, since horror is among my favorite genres, I had to think really long about this because as someone who has watched plenty of horror movies that I love and consider my favorite it's extremely difficult to choose only five. So, I kinda sorta modified my answer where I give categories.


Top Five Favorite Horror Movies
01. The Faculty
02. The Cell
03. Ginger Snaps
04. The Ring
05. Stigmata

Top Five Favorite Horror Movie Franchises
01. A Nightmare On Elm Street
02. Saw
03. Scream
04. V/H/S
05. Final Destination

Top Five Favorite Foreign Horror Movies
01. A Tale of Two Sisters
02. Suicide Club / Noriko's Dinner Table
03. Sympathy For Lady Vengeance
04. Battle Royale
05. Tokyo Gore Police

Date: 2026-07-18 01:49 pm (UTC)
merricatb: Image of Kala Dandekar (Default)
From: [personal profile] merricatb
It is hard to pick favorites out of horror movies in particular since there are so many different types. Love that you included Stigmata! I just rewatched that somewhat recently. I have a weird attraction to priests and Gabriel Byrne in Stigmata was undoubtedly part of that awakening LOL. Him and Elias Koteas in The Prophecy.

Date: 2026-07-19 12:36 am (UTC)
merricatb: Image of Kala Dandekar (Default)
From: [personal profile] merricatb
Yeah I could ship it lol. I loved the colorful 90s outfits and blowup furniture she had. The 90s were such a time.

Date: 2026-07-20 11:22 am (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Young woman in long, flowy nightgown with long, blond hair, carrying lighted candelabrum through dark hallway (crimson peak)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants
I really need to watch Stigmata again. I remember being underwhelmed by it the first time around, but so many of my horror-loving friends RAVE about it, maybe I missed something?

Good list!

Date: 2026-07-21 01:00 pm (UTC)
rhoda_rants: Comic book drawing of Rogue with gloves off, reaching for viewer (Default)
From: [personal profile] rhoda_rants

I'll add it to the Halloween Marathon list. We'll see!


Profile

rogueslayer452: (Default)
rogueslayer452

July 2026

S M T W T F S
    1 2 34
56 789 1011
12 1314 151617 18
19202122 2324 25
2627 282930 31 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 4th, 2026 03:05 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios