July AMA: Poetry
Jul. 23rd, 2026 06:17 amAsked by
eglantiere: your favorite poems, your relationship with poetry, your own poetic aspirations if you'd like, whatever fits.
Truthfully, I'm not really huge on poems. I appreciate the craft of poetry, the different ways poems can be constructed and I have come across several I've seen posted online that I like the flow of, but it's not something that I know too much about or a deeper relationship with.
With that being said, I do have a few favorites. "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost, "The Box" by Kendrew Lascelles (a poem I memorized and recited with some of my classmates in elementary school in a performance, it's one that I often thing about and can still recite by memory to this day), and "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking Glass.
Truthfully, I'm not really huge on poems. I appreciate the craft of poetry, the different ways poems can be constructed and I have come across several I've seen posted online that I like the flow of, but it's not something that I know too much about or a deeper relationship with.
With that being said, I do have a few favorites. "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost, "The Box" by Kendrew Lascelles (a poem I memorized and recited with some of my classmates in elementary school in a performance, it's one that I often thing about and can still recite by memory to this day), and "Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking Glass.
no subject
Date: 2026-07-24 04:11 am (UTC)I love to write poetry when the mood strikes.
no subject
Date: 2026-07-24 05:27 am (UTC)